1. Services and discounts are provided through a member of the Dignity Memorial® Network, a brand name used to identify a network of licensed funeral, cremation and cemetery providers that are affiliates of Service Corporation International (together with its affiliates, “SCI”), 1929 Allen Parkway, Houston, Texas. The online planning site is provided by SCI Shared Resources, LLC. SCI is not affiliated with MetLife, and the services provided by Dignity Memorial members are separate and apart from the insurance provided by MetLife. Not available in some states. SCI offers planning services, expert assistance, and bereavement travel services to anyone regardless of affiliation with MetLife. Discounts through Dignity Memorial’s network of funeral providers have been pre-negotiated. Not available where prohibited by law. If the group policy is issued in an approved state, the discount is available for funeral services held in any state except KY and NY, or where there is no Dignity Memorial presence (AK, MT, ND, SD, and WY). For TN, the funeral services discount is available for “At Need” services only. Not approved in AK, FL, KY, MT, ND, NY and WA.
2. Will Preparation Services and Estate Resolution Services are offered by Hyatt Legal Plans, Inc., a MetLife company, Cleveland, Ohio. In certain states, Will Preparation Services and Estate Resolution Services are provided through insurance coverage underwritten by Metropolitan Property and Casualty Insurance Company and its affiliates, Warwick, RI. In some states, Will Preparation and Estate Resolution Services are subject to regulatory approval and are not currently available. These services are provided at no cost to those who purchase Supplemental Life Insurance only.
3. To take advantage of this benefit, coverage of at least $10,000 must be elected. Increases, decreases, minimum and maximum coverage amounts are subject to state availability. Please contact your plan administrator or refer to your certificate for specific details.
4. Grief Counseling services are provided through an agreement with LifeWorks. US Inc. LifeWorks is not an affiliate of MetLife, and the services LifeWorks provides are separate and apart from the insurance provided by MetLife. LifeWorks has a nationwide network of over 30,000 counselors. Counselors have master’s or doctoral degrees and are licensed professionals. The Grief Counseling program does not provide support for issues such as: domestic issues, parenting issues, or marital/relationship issues (other than a finalized divorce). For such issues, members should inquire with their human resources department about available company resources. This program is available to insureds, their dependents and beneficiaries who have received a serious medical diagnosis or suffered a loss. Events that may result in a loss are not covered under this program unless and until such loss has occurred.
5. The Accelerated Benefits Option is subject to state regulation and is intended to qualify for favorable federal income tax treatment, in which case the benefits will be excludable from your income and will not be subject to federal taxation. This information was written as a supplement to the marketing of life insurance products. Tax laws relating to accelerated benefits are complex and limitations may apply. You are advised to consult with and rely on an independent tax advisor about your own particular circumstances. Receipt of accelerated benefits may affect your eligibility, or that of your spouse or your family, for public assistance programs. You are advised to consult with social service agencies concerning the effect that receipt of accelerated benefits will have on public assistance eligibility for you, your spouse or your family.