METLIFE'S BENEFITS ENROLLMENT PROGRAM HAS NEW FEATURES, AVAILABLE TO MORE EMPLOYERS
NEW YORK, May 21, 2012 – MetLife today announced broader availability and enhancements to its multi-product, multi-channel M-Powered Enrollment program, which combines the accessibility of the web, phone and paper with personalized guidance for employees making multiple benefit enrollment decisions.
With one platform for both MetLife benefits and for medical plan enrollments, an employer’s administrative efforts are significantly reduced. In addition, online enrollment saves time and improves accuracy as benefit information is captured and transmitted electronically, preventing submission of incomplete employee enrollments. The educational tools within M-Powered Enrollment, such as calculators, benefits explanations and rules of thumb, also help ensure that employees better understand their benefit choices and the enrollment process.
"M-Powered has changed the way many employers and employees think about the often cumbersome enrollment process," said Michael Fradkin, senior vice president, Group Voluntary and Worksite Benefits, MetLife. "Employers have been enthusiastic about the ease of use and about the time saved by benefits and HR professionals. Now, the program is open to employers with 50 or more employees, and it is available for year-around use, not just in the annual enrollment period."
Some of the features in the M-Powered Enrollment program which help make the process easier for both employers and employees include:
- Complete end-to-end online enrollment experience, now including real-time Statement of Health submission and beneficiary designation.
- New decision advice and guidance provided by Amy Helper, an online, interactive avatar to help employees decide what benefit options are best for them and their families.
- A dedicated enrollment expert to help build an employee communications campaign.
- Industry-leading benefits education tools, calculators and tips for employee – as well as dedicated call center support.
- Real-time reporting capabilities provided through an online administrator view, assisting to evaluate participation levels and to identify gaps.
With M-Powered Enrollment, MetLife helps organizations develop and execute personalized employee enrollment campaigns that maximize the value of their benefits program. MetLife’s 10th annual Study of Employee Benefits Trends found a strong correlation between benefits satisfaction and feelings of loyalty towards employers. According to the study, 61% of employees who are very satisfied with their benefits say they feel a very strong sense of loyalty to their employer compared to 24% of employees who are very dissatisfied with benefits.
Metropolitan Life Insurance Company (MetLife) is a subsidiary of MetLife, Inc., a leading global provider of insurance, annuities and employee benefit programs, serving 90 million customers. Through its subsidiaries and affiliates, MetLife holds leading market positions in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East. For more information, visit www.metlife.com.