Nonqualified Benefits Funding
MetLife's Specialized Benefit Resources team is focused exclusively on providing customized insurance solutions for benefit plan liability financing and corporate executive benefits. By utilizing a consultative approach, MetLife can tailor insurance solutions through creative product design, expert underwriting and institutional pricing.
Financing Solutions for Nonqualified Benefit Plan Liabilities
MetLife offers a variety of life insurance contracts that can mitigate the financial volatility of benefit liabilities and create a positive impact on corporate balance sheets and earnings.
- Bank Owned Life Insurance (BOLI)
- Corporate Owned Life Insurance (COLI)
- Trust Owned Life Insurance (TOLI)
- Insurance Company Owned Life Insurance (ICOLI)
- Entity purchases an insurance policy on lives of a group of employees
- Entity pays the premiums and is the owner and beneficiary of the policy
- Growth in the policy is generally tax deferred
- Cash proceeds - when received by the company as death benefits - are income-tax free
- Tax efficient way to finance liabilities
- Access to leading fund managers
- Customized based on client needs
- Also used for salaried employees to fund retiree medical
Like most life insurance policies, MetLife policies contain certain exclusions, limitations, reductions of benefits and terms for keeping them in force. Please contact us for costs and complete details.
Pursuant to IRS Circular 230, MetLife is providing you with the following notification: The information contained in this document is not intended to (and cannot) be used by anyone to avoid IRS penalties. This document supports the promotion and marketing of insurance products. You should seek advice based on your particular circumstances from an independent tax advisor.
Variable life insurance and annuities are sold by prospectus only which can be obtained by calling a MetLife representative. Investors should carefully consider the information in the prospectuses about the contract's features, risks, charges and expenses, and the investment objectives, risks and policies of the underlying portfolios, as well as other information about the underlying funding choices. Please read the prospectuses and consider this information carefully before investing. Product availability and features may vary by state. All product guarantees are subject to the financial strength and claims-paying ability of the issuing insurance company.
The amounts allocated to the variable investment options of your account balance are subject to market fluctuations so that, when withdrawn or surrendered it may be worth more or less than its original value.
Variable life insurance and annuities issued by Metropolitan Life Insurance Company, New York, NY 10166, and distributed by MetLife Investors Distribution Company (member FINRA), Irvine, CA 92614. Metropolitan Life Insurance Company and MetLife Investors Distribution Company are MetLife companies.