MetLife sets itself apart by offering a comprehensive Group Life portfolio that addresses the needs of our three key audiences-Group Customer, Participant, and Beneficiary. MetLife's robust product portfolio provides multiple solutions to help employers offer the right benefits and employees to obtain adequate coverage today and as their needs evolve.
MetLife is the leading provider of Group Life benefits for over 25 years. We provide products and services to over 91 of the top 100 FORTUNE 500® companies, and 80% of all Fortune 500® companies2. MetLife serves approximately 21,000 Group Life customers, covering more than 28 million participants.3 Our financial strength and experience allow us to offer several group term life insurance options (based on individual state requirements).
One year renewable group term life insurance that provides a scheduled benefit or multiple of earnings amount to an employee’s beneficiary in the event of the employee's death.
Offers employees the opportunity to buy flexible amounts of life insurance at group rates. This option allows each individual to meet his/her need for additional amounts of insurance at little or no cost to the employer.
As an enhancement to our Basic and Supplemental Term Life plans, we offer Dependent Life insurance for employees who wish to add term life insurance for their spouses/domestic partners and/or children at group rates.
Provides 24-hour-a-day, 365-day-a-year coverage for your employees in the event of loss of life, limbs, speech, hearing or sight, paralysis and more resulting from accidents on or off the job.
MetLife AdvantagesSM - Enhanced benefits appreciation, improved productivity and comfort in knowing your employees have support and protection when they need it most.
This comprehensive suite of services available with your Life insurance benefits offering includes unique features that help your employees plan and get ahead in life - conveniently through the workplace. Click on the tabs below to learn more about each of these valuable services.
The support services offered through MetLife AdvantagesSM enable your clients to provide valuable resources when their employees need them most.
- Grief Counseling4:Offered with Basic Term coverage at no additional cost, Grief Counseling can help employees, their dependents, and their beneficiaries cope with a loss. It helps to provide the support, comfort, tools and services employees need to get back to a productive life - at work and home.
- Delivering the Promise®*: Professional and caring services for beneficiaries who have financial questions and personal needs for assistance and information.
- Employee Assistance Programs (EAP)5: Employees and their immediate families may receive confidential, professional counseling for behavioral, health and life issues.
- Total Control Account® (TCA)6: A life settlement option that helps beneficiaries manage life insurance proceeds and provides easy access to their funds.
- Travel Assistance with Identity Theft Solutions7:Travel Assistance offers employees and their families access to emergency services while traveling domestically or internationally. It also offers non-emergency services, such as help with visa and/or passport requirements, financial assistance and locating lost luggage. Identity Theft Solutions educates employees on preventing an identity theft occurrence and provides personal assistance and guidance to help alleviate the stress and time burden that victims often face. Travel Assistance also includes concierge services designed to fulfill various travel and entertainment requests, as well as arrangements for business-related services.
The planning services included with MetLife AdvantagesSM offer face-to-face legal support and useful resources that can reduce the stress and time involved with employees' planning needs - ultimately helping them get back to their productive daily routines.
- Will Preparation8: Employee supplemental coverage includes face-to-face access to will preparation services for participants and their spouses/domestic partners to prepare and update wills, living wills and powers of attorney through a nationwide network of more than 13,000 participating Hyatt Legal Plans attorneys.
- Estate Resolution Services (ERS)SM8: Included with employee supplemental coverage, ERS provides valuable legal assistance to beneficiaries and to representatives of the estates of both participants and participants' spouses/domestic partners. Services include face-to-face consultations with a Hyatt network attorney to discuss matters related to settling the estate, preparation of documents for court proceedings, completion of correspondence necessary to transfer non-probate assets and associated tax filings. Beneficiaries who are not estate representatives may receive consultation about the probate process.
- WillsCenter.com9: All customers have access to WillsCenter.com, an online document service to prepare and update a will, living will, power of attorney or HIPAA authorization in a secure environment at no additional cost.
- MetLife Center for Special Needs Planning10*: A program that provides a variety of planning services to families with dependents with special needs. The Center provides a complimentary service which is committed to helping families through the maze of legal and financial complexities surrounding planning for the future of dependents with special needs.
- MetLife's Funeral Planning Guide: Provides employees with a resource to help them document their final wishes and important financial information. It also provides valuable information including: how to plan for funeral costs, the death claim process, personal funeral preferences and more. Download the Funeral Planning Guide
- retirewise®*: A four-part workshop series that offers comprehensive retirement education for all employees – regardless of age. Employees also have the option to meet with a local financial professional to discuss their specific circumstances and individual goals.
Protection through MetLife AdvantagesSM enables your clients to give their employees easy access to the life insurance coverage they need - now and in the future.
- Portability11: In addition to our portable Permanent Life products, we offer a Portability option on Group Term Life and AD&D coverages, so employees can take their coverage with them if they leave your company.
- Transition Solutions12*: Focuses on offering insurance and other financial products and services to help employees and their families better prepare for their future. Event-based financial solutions include employee transitions, corporate transitions, financial education and executive and beneficiary assistance.
Like most group life insurance policies, MetLife group policies contain exclusions, limitations, reductions of benefits and term for coverage. Please contact us for costs and complete details.
1A.M. Best's Statement File, 2012.
2FORTUNE 500, 2013. FORTUNE 500® is a registered trademark of FORTUNE® magazine, a division of Time, Inc.
3MetLife Internal Customer Data, as of December 2012.
4 Grief Counseling services are provided through an agreement with Harris, Rothenberg International, Inc. (HRI). HRI is not an affiliate of MetLife and the services HRI provides are separate and apart from the insurance provided by MetLife.
5 Employee Assistance Program services provided through an agreement with MHN, Inc. MHN, Inc. is not an affiliate of MetLife and the services they provide are separate and apart from the insurance and/or services provided by MetLife.
6The Total Control Account (TCA) is not insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation or any government agency. The assets backing TCAs are maintained in MetLife's general account and are subject to MetLife's creditors. MetLife bears the investment risk of the assets backing the TCAs, and expects to receive a profit. Regardless of the investment experience of such assets, the interest credited to Total Control Accounts will never fall below the guaranteed minimum rate. Guarantees are subject to the financial strength and claims paying ability of MetLife.
7Applies to BTA and AD & D coverages only. Travel Assistance and Identity Theft Solutions services are administered by AXA Assistance USA, Inc. Certain benefits provided under the Travel Assistance program are underwritten by the United States Fire Insurance Company, a member of the Crum & Forster group of insurers. AXA Assistance and the Crum & Forster group are not affiliated with MetLife, and the services and benefits they provide are separate and apart from the insurance provided by MetLife.
8 Will Preparation and MetLife Estate Resolution Services are offered by Hyatt Legal Plans, Inc., a MetLife company, Cleveland, Ohio. In certain states, legal services benefits are provided through insurance coverage underwritten by Metropolitan Property and Casualty Insurance Company and Affiliates, Warwick, Rhode Island. For New York sitused cases, the Will Preparation service is an expanded offering that includes office consultations and telephone advice for certain other legal matters beyond Will Preparation. Tax Planning and preparation of Living Trusts are not covered by the Will Preparation Service. Certain services are not covered by Estate Resolution Services, including matters in which there is a conflict of interest between the executor and any beneficiary or heir and the estate; any disputes with the group policyholder, MetLife and/or any of its affiliates; any disputes involving statutory benefits; will contests or litigation outside probate court; appeals; court costs, filing fees, recording fees, transcripts, witness fees, expenses to a third party, judgments or fines; and frivolous or unethical matters.
9 WillsCenter.com is a document service provided by SmartLegalForms, Inc., an affiliate of Epoq Group, Ltd. SmartLegalForms, Inc. is not affiliated with MetLife and the WillsCenter.com service is separate and apart from any insurance or service provided by MetLife. WillsCenter.com service does not provide access to an attorney, does not provide legal advice, and may not be suitable for your specific needs. Please consult with your financial, legal, and tax advisors for advice with respect to such matters.
10MetLife Center for Special Needs Planning: Investment advisory services offered by MetLife Securities, Inc., 1095 Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY 10036.
11Subject to state availability.
12Transition Solutions Specialists are Financial Services Representatives of MetLife or New England Financial, a MetLife company.
*Delivering the Promise®, Special Needs Planning, retirewise® and Transition Solutions are part of PlanSmart®- a comprehensive program that provides employees with access to a range of financial and retirement education resources through on-site workshops, with optional personal consultations, and decision-support assistance.