Approximately 50% of Americans lack dental insurance. Individuals without dental insurance are less likely to obtain care and thus more likely to develop major health conditions. This can result in increased health care costs and a negative impact on workplace productivity.1
Group voluntary dental insurance is a cost-effective way to support employees' overall health needs. In fact, 76% of employees report that they would be interested in voluntary dental insurance if their employer offered it.2 As a highly-desired benefit, it's a solution that helps employees significantly reduce their out-of-pocket costs, in turn, encouraging them to get the care they need to live healthier and stay productive.
The Right Solutions
To help meet employer objectives and employee needs, we continually integrate the latest market trends, clinical research, and practice protocols into our standard plans. This helps drive innovative solutions and increase employee satisfaction and loyalty. Finding the right fit is easy with a wide range of cost-effective, flexible plan designs and funding arrangements available.
- Preferred Provider Organization3
- Preferred Dentist Program:
- Coinsurance and copay plans4
- Full Service Dental for Retirees
- Indemnity plans
- Graduated dental benefits5
- High annual maximum plans
- MetLife Dental Health ManagerSM,6
- Dual- and multi-option features
- Funding arrangements, including:
- Voluntary and employer sponsored options
- Fully insured and self-funded7 options
- Preferred Dentist Program:
- Managed Dental Plans8
- Dental HMO plans in California, Florida, New Jersey and Texas
- Dental Managed Care plans in New York
- Coinsurance and copay options
- Value Adds
- International Dental Travel Assistance Program9
- MetLife VisionAccess Discount Program10
- For our PPO plans, a large network of rigorously selected dentists with more than 278,000 locations is designed to support strong effective discounts; wellness solutions and educational support are also available to compliment employers' Disease Management Programs
- For our DHMO plans, we offer more than 400 covered procedures11 - including co-pays for services such as implants, veneers, white fillings, IV sedation, general anesthesia and nitrous oxide; and a 25% fee reduction of a participating dentist's customary fee for non-listed procedures12 (not available in CA, FL and TX)
- Network strategies that help cultivate long standing provider relationships mean greater satisfaction and less disruption
- An exceptional claims and utilization management platform that ensures accuracy and helps prevent inappropriate billing/practice patterns, supporting lower costs
- Award-winning service that drives a better overall participant experience, promoting overall satisfaction
Like most group benefits programs, benefit programs offered by MetLife contain certain exclusions, exceptions, waiting periods, reductions, limitations and terms for keeping them in force. Ask your MetLife group representative for costs and complete details. Metropolitan Life Insurance Company, New York, NY.
1Dental Care Affordability Survey, 2011.
22013 MetLife Employee Benefits Trend Study.
3Group dental insurance policies featuring the MetLife Preferred Dentist Program are underwritten by Metropolitan Life Insurance Company, 200 Park Avenue, New York, NY 10166.
4MetLife PPO Copay plans are only available to groups with 1000 or more eligible employees. Copay plans are not available in all states.
5Available for groups with 10 or more eligible employees, excluding Copay plans and Full Service Dental for Retirees.
6Available for groups with 1,000 or more eligible employees, excluding Full Service Dental for Retirees and Dental HMO/Managed Care benefit plans.
7Self-funded programs are available to organizations with 1,000 or more eligible employees.
8Dental Managed Care plan benefits are provided by Metropolitan Life Insurance Company, a New York corporation, in NY. Dental HMO plan benefits are provided by: SafeGuard Health Plans, Inc. a California corporation, in CA; SafeGuard Health Plans, Inc. a Florida corporation, in FL; SafeGuard Health Plans, Inc., a Texas corporation, in TX; and MetLife Health Plans, Inc., a Delaware corporation, and Metropolitan Life Insurance Company, a New York corporation, in NJ. The Dental HMO/Managed Care companies are part of the MetLife family of companies. "DHMO" is used to refer to product designs that may differ by state of residence of the enrollee, including but not limited to: "Specialized Health Care Service Plans" in California; "Prepaid Limited Health Service Organizations" as described in Chapter 636 of the Florida statutes in Florida; "Single Service Health Maintenance Organizations" in Texas; and "Dental Plan Organizations" as described in the Dental Plan Organization Act in New Jersey.
9International Dental Travel Assistance services are administered by AXA Assistance USA, Inc. AXA Assistance is not affiliated with MetLife, and the services they provide are separate and apart from the benefits provided by MetLife. Referral services are not available in all locations.
10MetLife VisionAccess is a discount program and not an insured benefit. The program is available at no charge regardless of enrollment in other MetLife benefits as long as the plan sponsor has active MetLife coverage. It is provided through Vision Service Plan (VSP), Rancho Cordova, CA. VSP is not affiliated with Metropolitan Life Insurance Company or its affiliates.
11Co-payments apply for many covered procedures and vary by procedure.
12Members are responsible for the participating dentist's full fee for procedures specifically excluded from coverage; Negotiated fees for non-listed services do not apply in all states.