MetLife pays compensation to brokers and consultants, and compensation may include base compensation, supplemental compensation, service fees, and other compensation authorized by the customer. For more information on a specific type of compensation, please click on the appropriate link below.
- 2016 Broker Supplemental Compensation (Up To $50 Million of Inforce Premium)
- 2016 Broker Supplemental Compensation (More Than $50 Million of Inforce Premium)
- 2016 General Agent Supplemental Compensation
- 2016 Bridging Compensation
- 2017 Broker Supplemental Compensation (Up To $50 Million of Inforce Premium)
- 2017 Broker Supplemental Compensation (More Than $50 Million of Inforce Premium)
- Quarterly Dental Advantage
- Small Business Multi-Product Advantage
- Service Fees
All compensation programs are subject to applicable laws and regulations.
MetLife provides an Intermediary Compensation Notice to its customers, which describes the types of compensation MetLife may pay to brokers, consultants and other intermediaries. To review the Intermediary Compensation Notice, please click on the link below:
MetLife is committed to disclosing to each of its group customers information about MetLife's compensation plans. MetLife will annually provide its group insurance customers with a Compensation Disclosure Statement. The Compensation Disclosure Statement will list the amount of compensation MetLife has paid to brokers and/or certain service providers in relation to a customer's group insurance plan during the previous policy year. The types of compensation reflected on the Compensation Disclosure Statement are:
- Base commissions
- Supplemental compensation
- Service fees
To see a sample of the Compensation Disclosure Statement and cover letter that will be sent to customers whose group insurance plans are not regulated by ERISA, please click on the links below:
- Compensation Disclosure Statement customer cover letter
- Compensation Disclosure Statement template
- Questions & Answers
For specific information relating to the amount of compensation your broker may receive, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or if you would like to speak to someone, please call 1-(800)-ASK-4-MET.