Employee Benefits Sales Academy
If you’re the type of person who embraces complex challenges and thrives on delivering real results in a collaborative environment, this is the program for you. Our Sales Academy is a salaried, 12-month comprehensive training program that will prepare you for your account executive role by giving you the confidence and competence to excel.
The sales training program includes a combination of on-the-job and structured classroom learning that’s focused on building an understanding of risk management, the employee benefits industry, MetLife’s group, voluntary and worksite benefits, and professional selling skills. In addition, there will be a team of individuals dedicated to your training, including your manager, an account executive mentor and sales leadership.
This is a business-to-business sales role. Your customers will be employer groups or other organizations seeking to provide a benefits package to their employees. In this role, you will partner closely with brokers and consultants to provide the right benefit solutions that meet the needs of the customer.
What We Offer
- Dedicated account executive mentor
- Weekly webinars — learn from the experts and apply newly developed skills
- Series of in-person training sessions with sales trainees across the country
- Travel to regional sales offices for greater exposure and development opportunities
- Sales skills training — including interactive role plays as well as presentation, communication and negotiation skill building
- Opportunities to share best practices and network with other account executives, sales leaders and sales trainees
- Product knowledge and soft skills required to excel in an account executive role through successful completion of the training program
- Opportunity for exposure and recognition based on performance within Sales Academy
Who We Look For
- Bachelor's degree highly preferred; high school diploma required
- 0-5 years of related work experience
- Ability to understand core selling skills to respond to leads and deliver client-centric solutions
- Excellent interpersonal skills, communication skills and leadership qualities
What Can I Expect After Training?
Upon successful completion of the program, you will have the opportunity to interview for open territories across the country within MetLife’s Group, Voluntary & Worksite Sales organization. You will transition into an account executive role with an opportunity to earn incentive compensation above your base salary. Along with business goals, you will inherit a book of business to maintain and will begin building relationships with the brokers and customers within your territory.
All MetLife employment opportunities are posted on our careers website. You can search for available Sales Trainee positions and apply online by selecting the location that you are most interested in pursuing. Please note that we fill our positions on a seasonal basis, and positions are not available year-round.
To maximize your chances of success, we would encourage you to apply directly to an advertised open position. All applicants must apply through the careers website to be considered for any position.
You will receive an acknowledgement of receipt of your application after you successfully submit your application. This will be sent to the email address you have given us.
Please see the Recruiting Timeline section of our website, as our teams recruit at a variety of times throughout the year.
MetLife has formalized the campus recruiting interview process to ensure consistency, competitiveness and the ability to secure top campus talent nationwide. First round interviews and hires begin at selected schools during the fall semester and continue into the spring. Selected candidates from first round on-campus interviews and phone screens will be invited in for on-site final round interviews based on available positions and hiring manager interest.
No. MetLife is interested in individuals with diverse experiences and interests who are looking to start their sales career. If you have recently graduated or are looking to start your career in Group, Voluntary & Worksite Sales, we encourage you to apply to our program in the “Training LOCATIONS” tab.
MetLife offers its employees competitive benefits packages. For more detailed benefit information, please visit our Benefits Page.
Recruiting for Sales Academy is annual, beginning in the fall and continuing into the spring until our trainee class is full for a summer start date in June.
September – November 2014
Fall on-campus recruiting Application process begins
Fall offer letters are sent for a June start date
January – March 2015
Spring on-campus recruiting Application process begins
Spring offer letters are sent for a June start date
Sales Trainees begin employment at MetLife
MetLife's Sales Academy is a nationwide program, with hiring locations across the country. For 2015, we will have seven training hub locations, each having a major sales presence to enhance learning throughout the training program.
New York, NY