MetLife AdvantagesSM – Support, planning and protection when you need it most
You may be surprised by the features that come with your life insurance program. Many different services are available to help you and your family better prepare for life today and in the future. Depending on your employer's plan, you may be able to take advantage of the following:
Click on the below to learn more about each valuable service.
Assistance for challenging times comes in a variety of benefits.
- Grief Counseling1: This service is available on Basic Group Term Life coverage at no additional cost and provides you, your dependents and your beneficiaries with resources to help cope with a loss. No matter the circumstances, whether it’s a death, an illness, a divorce, even a child leaving home, there are resources that can help.
- Delivering the Promise®: This decision-support program helps beneficiaries sort through the details and questions involved with claims and important financial matters.
- Employee Assistance Programs (EAP)2: You and your immediate family may receive confidential, professional counseling for behavioral, health and life issues.
- Total Control Account® (TCA)3: Also known as a retained asset account, this life settlement option helps your beneficiaries manage life insurance proceeds and provides easy and immediate access to their funds.
- Travel Assistance with Identity Theft Solutions4: Travel Assistance offers you and your family access to emergency services while traveling domestically or internationally and provides travel information you can take advantage of today. Identity Theft Solutions educates you on preventing an identity theft occurrence and provides personal assistance and guidance to help alleviate the stress and time burden that victims often face. Travel Assistance also includes concierge services designed to fulfill various travel and entertainment requests, as well as arrangements for business-related services.
With our Supplemental Life insurance plans, MetLife offers face-to-face legal services that include personal access to one of Hyatt Legal Plans’ 13,000 network attorneys when it matters most.
- Will Preparation5: You or your spouse/domestic partner can take advantage of MetLife's face-to-face legal services to prepare a Will, Living Will, or Power of Attorney. Or, you can choose an out-of-network attorney with set-fee reimbursement. This is more than a one-time opportunity, since you will be able to access an attorney as many times as you need to make updates to these documents.
- Estate Resolution Services (ERS)SM5: MetLife's comprehensive Estate Resolution Services are a cut above the rest. With ERS, executors/administrators may receive face-to-face legal assistance with probating your and your spouse's/domestic partner's estates. Beneficiaries can also consult an attorney for general questions about the probate process.
Online legal services are available to anyone, regardless of the type of life insurance you have.
- WillsCenter.com6: If you want to take things at your own pace, you can visit WillsCenter.com, an online document preparation service that can help you or your spouse/domestic partner prepare a Will, Living Will, Power of Attorney and HIPAA Authorization form 24 hours a day, 7 days a week!
Caregivers of those with special needs require unique support.
- MetLife Center for Special Needs Planning7: Helping to secure the future of you loved one with special needs is just as important as protecting their quality of life. You and your family may take advantage of planning services to help navigate the maze of legal and financial complexities when planning for the future financial well-being of your dependent.
MetLife helps your beneficiaries with important financial and personal decisions at a difficult time.
Funeral Planning Guide
- retirewise®: A four-part workshop series that offers you comprehensive retirement education. You also have the option to meet with a local financial professional to discuss your specific circumstances and individual goals.
MetLife provides coverage you need now and in the future.
- Portability8: Some of MetLife's plans offer you the option to "port" or take your coverage with you if you become separated from or leave your company. That's a valuable feature in today's ever changing world.
- Transition Solutions9: Offers insurance and other financial products and services to help you and your family better prepare for your future in response to benefit changing events.
Whatever your needs may be, MetLife AdvantagesSM offers the services that help you get more out of your life insurance plan.
Like most group life insurance policies, MetLife group policies contain certain exclusions, limitations, and reductions of benefits and terms for keeping them in force. Please contact us for costs and complete details.
1 Grief Counseling services are provided through an agreement with Harris, Rothenberg International, Inc. (HRI). HRI is not an affiliate of MetLife and the services HRI provides are separate and apart from the insurance provided by MetLife.
2 Employee Assistance Program services provided through an agreement with MHN, Inc. MHN, Inc. is not an affiliate of MetLife and the services they provide are separate and apart from the insurance and/or services provided by MetLife.
3 The Total Control Account (TCA) is not insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation or any government agency. The assets backing TCAs are maintained in MetLife’s general account and are subject to MetLife’s creditors. MetLife bears the investment risk of the assets backing the TCAs, and expects to receive a profit. Regardless of the investment experience of such assets, the interest credited to Total Control Accounts will never fall below the guaranteed minimum rate. Guarantees are subject to the financial strength and claims paying ability of MetLife.
4 Applies to BTA and AD&D coverages only. Travel Assistance and Identity Theft Solutions services are administered by AXA Assistance USA, Inc. Certain benefits provided under the Travel Assistance program are underwritten by the United States Fire Insurance Company, a member of the Crum & Forster group of insurers. AXA Assistance and the Crum & Forster group are not affiliated with MetLife, and the services and benefits they provide are separate and apart from the insurance provided by MetLife.
5 Will Preparation and MetLife Estate Resolution Services are offered by Hyatt Legal Plans, Inc., a MetLife company, Cleveland, Ohio. In certain states, legal services benefits are provided through insurance coverage underwritten by Metropolitan Property and Casualty Insurance Company and Affiliates, Warwick, Rhode Island. For New York sitused cases, the Will Preparation service is an expanded offering that includes office consultations and telephone advice for certain other legal matters beyond Will Preparation. Tax Planning and preparation of Living Trusts are not covered by the Will Preparation Service. Certain services are not covered by Estate Resolution Services, including matters in which there is a conflict of interest between the executor and any beneficiary or heir and the estate; any disputes with the group policyholder, MetLife and/or any of its affiliates; any disputes involving statutory benefits; will contests or litigation outside probate court; appeals; court costs, filing fees, recording fees, transcripts, witness fees, expenses to a third party, judgments or fines; and frivolous or unethical matters.
6 WillsCenter.com is a document service provided by SmartLegalForms, Inc., an affiliate of Epoq Group, Ltd. SmartLegalForms, Inc. is not affiliated with MetLife and the WillsCenter.com service is separate and apart from any insurance or service provided by MetLife. The WillsCenter.com service does not provide access to an attorney, does not provide legal advice, and may not be suitable for your specific needs. Please consult with your financial, legal, and tax advisors for advice with respect to such matters.
7 MetLife Center for Special Needs Planning: Investment advisory services offered by MetLife Securities, Inc., 1095 Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY 10036.
8 Subject to state availability.
9 Transition Solutions Specialists are Financial Services Representatives of MetLife or New England Financial, a MetLife company.