Are You Aware of the Value of Your Life Insurance Plan?
You may be surprised by the benefits that come with your life insurance program. Many different services are available to help you and your family be better prepared for life today, and tomorrow. Depending on your employer's plan, you may be able to take advantage of the following:
Click on each item below to learn more about the value to you:
With our Supplemental Life insurance plans, MetLife offers face-to-face legal services that include personal access to one of Hyatt Legal Plan's 13,000 network attorneys when it matters most.
- Will Preparation1: You or your spouse/domestic partner can take advantage of MetLife's face-to-face legal services to prepare a Will, Living Will, or Power of Attorney. Or, you can choose an out-of-network attorney with set-fee reimbursement. This is more than a one-time opportunity, since you will be able to access an attorney as many times as you need to make updates to these documents.
- Estate Resolution Services (ERS)2: MetLife's comprehensive Estate Resolution Services are a cut above the rest. With ERS, your beneficiaries and executors may receive face-to-face legal assistance with probating your estate.
- WillsCenter.com3: If you want to take things at your own pace, you can visit WillsCenter.com, an online document preparation service that can help you or your spouse/domestic partner prepare a Will, Living Will, Power of Attorney and HIPAA Authorization form 24 hours a day, 7 days a week!
Portability4: Some of MetLife's plans offer you the option to "port" or take your coverage with you if you become separated from or leave your company. That's a valuable feature in today's ever changing world.
Work, travel and family can often create stress in your busy everyday life. Whether you are facing changes in your employment, are seeking some counseling or need assistance with a travel emergency, the following programs can help.
- Employee Assistance Programs (EAP)5: You and your immediate family may receive confidential, professional counseling for behavioral, health and life issues.
- Grief Counseling6: This service is available on Basic Group Term Life coverage at no additional cost and provides you, your dependents and your beneficiaries with resources to help cope with a loss. No matter the circumstances, whether it’s a death, an illness, a divorce, even a child leaving home, there are resources that can help.
- Travel Assistance7: Travel Assistance offers you and your family access to emergency services while traveling domestically or internationally and provides travel information you can take advantage of today. Travel Assistance includes concierge assistance designed to fulfill various travel and entertainment requests, as well as arrangements for business-related services.
- Identity Theft Solutions7: Identity Theft Solutions educates you on preventing an identity theft occurrence and provides personal assistance and guidance to help alleviate the stress and time burden that victims often face.
- Transition Solutions8: Offers insurance and other financial products and services to help you and your family better prepare for your future in response to benefit changing events.
MetLife Center for Special Needs Planning9: Helping to secure the future of you loved one with special needs is just as important as protecting their quality of life. You and your family may take advantage of planning services to help navigate the maze of legal and financial complexities when planning for the future financial well-being of your dependent.
The following options may be available to you in the event you become either terminally ill or disabled.
- Accelerated Benefits Option (ABO)10: If you become terminally ill, with ABO, you'll be able to receive a portion of life insurance in advance, to minimize the financial burden of medical and other expenses.
- Waiver of Premium: Should you become disabled, you may qualify to have your life insurance premiums waived while you are unable to work.
MetLife helps your beneficiaries with important financial and personal decisions at a difficult time. These programs are available on most group life plans.
- Delivering the Promise®: This decision-support program helps beneficiaries sort through the details and questions involved with claims and important financial matters.
- The Total Control Account® (TCA)11: Also known as a retained asset account, this life settlement option helps your beneficiaries manage life insurance proceeds and provides easy and immediate access to their funds.
- Funeral Planning Guide: This online tool allows you to document important financial information and decisions now so that your loved ones and beneficiaries have a useful guide to your final wishes.
Whatever your needs, MetLife offers the services that help you get more out of your life plan. That's a lot of value for life.
Like most group life insurance policies, MetLife group policies contain certain exclusions, limitations, and reductions of benefits and terms for keeping them in force. Please contact us for costs and complete details.
1 Will Preparation Services are offered by Hyatt Legal Plans, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. In certain states, legal services benefits are provided through insurance coverage underwritten by Metropolitan Property and Casualty Insurance Company and Affiliates, Warwick, Rhode Island. For New York sitused cases, the Will Preparation service is an expanded offering that includes office consultations and telephone advice for certain other legal matters beyond Will Preparation.
Employee Assistance Program services provided through an agreement with MHN, Inc. MHN, Inc. is not an affiliate of MetLife and the services they provide are separate and apart from the insurance and/or services provided by MetLife.
2 Estate Resolution Services are offered by Hyatt Legal Plans, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. In certain states, Estate Resolution Services are provided through insurance coverage underwritten by Metropolitan Property and Casualty Insurance Company and Affiliates, Warwick, Rhode Island. Certain services are not covered by Estate Resolution Services, including matters in which there is a conflict of interest between the executor and any beneficiary or heir and the estate; any disputes with the group policyholder, MetLife and/or any of its affiliates; any disputes involving statutory benefits; will contests or litigation outside probate court; appeals; court costs, filing fees, recording fees, transcripts, witness fees, expenses to a third party, judgments or fines; and frivolous or unethical matters.
3WillsCenter.com is a document service provided by SmartLegalForms, Inc., an affiliate of Epoq Group, Ltd. SmartLegalForms, Inc. is not affiliated with MetLife and the WillsCenter.com service is separate and apart from any insurance or service provided by MetLife. The WillsCenter.com service does not provide access to an attorney, does not provide legal advice, and may not be suitable for your specific needs. Please consult with your financial, legal, and tax advisors for advice with respect to such matters.
4 Subject to state availability.
5 Employee Assistance Program services provided through an agreement with MHN, Inc. MHN, Inc. is not an affiliate of MetLife and the services they provide are separate and apart from the insurance and/or services provided by MetLife.
6 Grief Counseling services are provided through an agreement with Harris, Rothenberg International, Inc. HRI is not an affiliate of MetLife and the services HRI provides are separate and apart from the insurance provided by MetLife.
7 Applies to BTA and AD & D coverages only.
Travel Assistance and Identity Theft Solutions services are administered by AXA Assistance USA, Inc. Certain benefits provided under the Travel Assistance program are underwritten by the United States Fire Insurance Company, a member of the Crum & Forster group of insurers. AXA Assistance and the Crum & Forster group are not affiliated with MetLife, and the services and benefits they provide are separate and apart from the insurance provided by MetLife.
8 Transition Solutions Specialists are Financial Services Representatives of MetLife or New England Financial, a MetLife company.
9 MetLife Center for Special Needs Planning: Investment advisory services offered by MetLife Securities, Inc., 1095 Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY 10036.
10 The Accelerated Benefits Option is subject to state availability and regulation. The accelerated life insurance benefits offered under your certificate are intended to qualify for favorable federal tax treatment. If the accelerated benefits qualify for favorable tax treatment, the benefits will be excludable from your income and not subject to federal taxation. This information was written as a supplement to the marketing of life insurance products. Tax laws relating to accelerated benefits are complex and limitations may apply. You are advised to consult with and rely on an independent tax advisor about your own particular circumstances. Receipt of accelerated benefits may affect your eligibility, or that of your spouse or your family, for public assistance programs such as medical assistance (Medicaid), Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF), Supplementary Social Security Income (SSI) and drug assistance programs. You are advised to consult with social service agencies concerning the effect that receipt of accelerated benefits will have on public assistance eligibility for you, your spouse or your family.
11 The Total Control Account (TCA) is not insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation or any government agency. The assets backing TCAs are maintained in MetLife’s general account and are subject to MetLife’s creditors. MetLife bears the investment risk of the assets backing the TCAs, and expects to receive a profit. Regardless of the investment experience of such assets, the interest credited to Total Control Accounts will never fall below the guaranteed minimum rate. Guarantees are subject to the financial strength and claims paying ability of MetLife