Term Life Insurance provides a cost-effective solution for your life insurance needs, often with level premiums for a set period of time, and gives you the flexibility to change your coverage as your needs evolve. Your options range from Basic to Supplemental Term Life. In some instances, you may obtain coverage for your dependents.
Common types of insurance at the workplace include:
Basic Term Life is generally an employer-paid benefit that provides your beneficiaries with essential protection and a cost-effective financial safety net in their time of need.
Supplemental Term Life is generally an employee-paid benefit that offers you extra protection to fit your needs.
Dependent Term Life provides coverage for your spouse, civil union partner or domestic partner, and eligible children.
You should consider Term Life Insurance if you want:
- An affordable way to get financial protection.
- A means to provide funds for specific financial responsibilities like a mortgage or college expenses.
Some things to keep in mind about Term Life Insurance:
- It does not build cash value like a permanent life policy does.
- It may be portable so you can take it with you if you leave your company.
- If it’s not portable, you will have the option to convert your group policy to an individual policy.
A combination of term and permanent life insurance may best suit your needs.Group Term Life is issued by Metropolitan Life Insurance Company, New York, NY 10166. Policy Form GPNP99.