Living in one of the following counties: Alexander, Calhoun, Cass, Christian, Clinton, Cumberland, Douglas, Iroquois, Jackson, Jersey, Lawrence, Madison, Marion, Menard, Monroe, Morgan, Moultrie, Pike, Randolph, Richland, Sangamon, St. Clair, and Vermilion counties.
If you are having difficulty as a result of the state’s disaster declaration, we’re here to help.We will:
- Withdraw the cancellation or nonrenewal notice issued on or after December 29, 2015, for any affected policyholder or affected property, and reinstate the policy with no lapse in coverage. In addition, there will be no new cancellation or nonrenewal notices to affected policyholders or for affected property until March 4, 2016.
- Provide a minimum of a 60 day extension or longer if deemed reasonable given an individual’s circumstance to the affected policyholder on any and all provisions or requirements that impose a time limit for you as an insured or claimant to perform any act including the filing a claim or proof of loss, reporting of information, submission of bills, or payment of funds.
- Provide an extension of not less than 60 days to complete the repairs in the event repairs on affected property cannot be completed within the time period required under any policy, or within the 90-day time period for repairs prior to terminating the policy due to condition of the property.
- Refrain from canceling or non-renewing policies of affected property due to "increase in the risk originally accepted" or due to the geographic location of the property.
- Provide exceptions to the contract or policy when contractual requirements or rules are not met by the policyholder as a result of this disaster. This includes instances where as a policyholder; you are displaced from your home and are unable to obtain non-emergency medical services from a network provider.
Also, please be advised that you may file a complaint regarding any disaster-related dispute or issue by calling the Illinois Department of Insurance toll-free complaint hotline at 1-866-445-5364, or file a complaint online at https://mc.insurance.illinois.gov/messagecenter.nsf
If you were affected by this disaster, have any questions or need any assistance, you may call us at 1-800-438-6381 or your Independent Agent.
Count on us, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Whenever you need us, we'll be there. You can report a claim to us at 1-800-854-6011, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year (make that 366 days during a leap year). Our knowledgeable representatives will answer all your questions and speed along the resolution of your claim.
Guaranteed repairs from our General Contractor Network.
We work with the Crawford Contractor Connection network, a separate entity from MetLife Auto & Home, to provide construction repairs following a property loss. Securing a contractor that has expertise in the insurance repair arena is challenging, but we’ve made it a little easier by leveraging the benefits of this network of certified firms. Work completed by our General Contractor Network comes with a two-year warranty on materials and labor.
Special hands-on disaster claim processing
Whether it's a raging wildfire or a violent tornado, in times of crisis, MetLife Auto & Home draws on its strength and decades of expertise to help customers in need.
To facilitate claim handling for those who have experienced natural disasters, MetLife Auto & Home dispatches its National Catastrophe Response Team and catastrophe response vehicles to hardest hit areas. Our claim associates are on the ground as quickly as possible to help secure shelter, guide you through temporary repairs, issue advance checks and loaded stored value cards for immediate expenses, and promptly compensate you for covered damage to your property.
Multiple ways to submit claims. Because we know that life is chaotic after a natural disaster, we’ve developed a variety of ways you can submit claims. You can reach us immediately:
- By phone at 1-800-854-6011, 24/7/365
- By fax. We receive loss information by fax at 1-855-411-6689.
- By email. We can always be reached at MET_CAT@metlife.com.
- Customers who sustain damage from flooding and have flood insurance should call 1-800-759-8656.
Multiple Ways to Submit Your Claims
Flood: Customers who sustain damage from flooding and have flood insurance should call