About Life Insurance
Get peace of mind, knowing you've helped protect your
Life insurance can help provide for the people who depend on you financially, if you can't be there for them. The money can be used for final expenses, help to replace your lost income, cover debts, pay your mortgage, fund a child's education, and more.
There are two types of life insurance:
- Term life insurance offers simple, affordable coverage for a set time period, typically 10 to 30 years.
- Permanent life insurance offers coverage for your lifetime with the potential to build equity in the form of cash value and options for more flexibility.1
Many people find that a combination of both types of life insurance helps them meet both immediate needs and long-term goals.
MetLife offers term life insurance policies and several types of permanent life insurance policies to meet your needs:
- Term Life Insurance - Affordable, simplified insurance for a specific time period.
- Whole Life Insurance - Permanent insurance, fixed premiums, guaranteed death benefit, and cash value growth.
- Universal Life Insurance - Permanent insurance, with flexibility to change payments, premiums and death benefit options.
- Variable Universal Life Insurance - Permanent insurance, with flexibility to change payments, premiums and death benefit. This insurance also allows you the option to take investment risks in return for a potentially higher cash value.
- Survivorship Life Insurance - Permanent insurance for two people, which provides a benefit to beneficiaries after the second person passes away.
Fill out the form at right to get started with a MetLife Representative today.
1 Cash values can be accessed through loans and/or withdrawals, but these will reduce the death benefit. In addition, withdrawals from some policies may be subject to surrender charges and could have a permanent effect on the cash value and the death benefit.
Like most insurance policies, MetLife's policies contain exclusions, limitations, reductions of benefits and terms for keeping them in force. For complete costs and details, see your MetLife Representative.
Guarantees apply to certain insurance and annuity products (not securities, variable or investment advisory products) and are subject to the insurer's claims-paying ability and financial strength.
Variable insurance products, including variable annuities and variable life insurance, are offered by prospectus only. The prospectus contains information about the product's features, risks, charges and expenses, and the investment objectives, risks and policies of the underlying portfolios, as well as other information about the underlying funding choices. and consider this information carefully before you invest or send money. Prospectuses are available from your registered representative. Product availability and features may vary by state. All product guarantees are based on the claims-paying ability of the issuing insurance company.
The amounts allocated to the variable investment options of your account balance are subject to market fluctuations so that, when withdrawn or annuitized it may be worth more or less than its original value.
Metropolitan Life Insurance Company (MLIC), 200 Park Avenue, New York, NY 10166. Securities, including variable products offered through MetLife Securities, Inc.(MSI) (member FINRA www.FINRA.org/SIPC www.SIPC.org). 1095 Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY 10036. MLIC and MSI are MetLife companies.
MetLife Investors USA Insurance Company [except NY], Irvine, CA, 92614; and First MetLife Investors Insurance Company or Metropolitan Life Insurance Company [NY only], New York, NY 10166. Variable life insurance products are distributed by MetLife Investors Distribution Company [member FINRA] 5 Park Plaza, Suite 1900, Irvine, CA 92614.