Especially in times like these, an effective retirement strategy begins by thinking about your priorities in retirement.
How do you define a successful retirement? What really matters? Thoughtful planning can lead to a retirement that delivers on what you care about most, ensuring an active, satisfying life in your retirement years.
MetLife can guide you through some steps to help you build a retirement strategy.
Envisioning your retirement offers information on:
- Where to live once you retire
- Whether or not to work in retirement
- How to get the most out of your retirement
Determining what retirement may cost will help you think through your needs in retirement:
- Identifying your expenses, assets, and income sources
- Planning for unforeseen expenses and the impact of inflation
- Explaining healthcare options such as Medicare and COBRA
Funding your retirement will show you how to:
- Assess retirement investment options
- Create and manage your income throughout retirement
- Fill any income gaps
Protecting your retirement income helps you assess:
- Retirement planning risks
- Tax-deferred retirement income sources
- Social Security benefits
- Ways to protect your property and your legacy
We are living through some very unpredictable times. By planning ahead, you can find more certainty and enjoyment now and in retirement.