We are a significant originator of private assets which provide us with a competitive advantage in these markets. We seek to identify quality investments across the risk spectrum providing credit portfolio diversification. Our extensive field network of industry specialists is essential to generating and monitoring assets.
2012 originations include:
- $9.6 billion + of commercial mortgages
- $1.7 billion of net real estate equity
- $8.1 billion of private placements
- $3 billion in agricultural loans
Private Asset Advantages
- Provides the ability to negotiate superior covenants, better quality collateral and remedies in the event of default.
- MetLife leverages its substantial experience in the private sector through local market knowledge and long-standing industry relationships to originate high quality investments.
$118 Billion Private Assets Portfolio*
- $42.0 Billion Commercial Mortgage Loans
- $12.8 Billion Real Estate Equity (NAV)
- $50 Billion Private Placements & Infrastructure
- $13.2 Billion Agricultural Mortgage Loans
*As of 9/30/13