MetLife is a global leader in real estate investments. We have been involved in the real estate business since 1878 as a mortgage lender, developer and owner. MetLife's real estate department manages a portfolio of over $62 billion* invested in real estate products including commercial mortgages and equities and is backed by the resources of MetLife, a leading provider of insurance and other financial services.
$62.4 Billion of Managed Real Estate Assets*
- $45.4 Billion Commercial Mortgage Loans
- $17 Billion Real Estate Equity (NAV)
*Includes MetLife general account assets and assets managed on behalf of external clients as of 3/31/15.
MetLife has over 150 real estate professionals located in 7 regional offices in key cities throughout the United States as well as international operations in London, Mexico City, Santiago and Tokyo. Our global network keeps us close to our markets and better positioned to serve your commercial real estate needs for mortgages, leasing, sales, acquisitions, joint ventures, investment management and capital transactions.
Our experience spans all major property types including office, retail, industrial, multifamily and full-service hotels. In addition, MetLife Real Estate Investors’ senior leadership averages 25 years of real estate experience, 23 years with MetLife.
MetLife Real Estate Investors has the financial strength and experience to provide stability during all market cycles. We have a field office network with in-depth knowledge of local real estate markets, long-standing industry relationships and the talent, teamwork and platform to creatively structure and rapidly execute complex transactions. Most importantly, we are committed to providing all of our clients with world-class customer service.
Full Service In-house Investment Capabilities
Origination and underwriting, proprietary market research, risk and event management, leasing and property management
As Your Mortgage Lender
- Competitive pricing
- Cost-effective/flexible terms
- Ability to structure transactions aligned with borrower's needs
- Variable maturity notes, fixed or floating
- Ability to close, and balance sheet, large transactions
- Local market presence on a global scale
- Streamlined approval process; certainty of execution
As Your Equity Partner
- Extensive JV experience
- Development and ownership alliances as part of core strategy
- Attractive deal structure
- Local market presence and experience on a global scale
- Streamlined internal approval process
MetLife Real Estate Investors has a global reach
- Headquartered in Morristown, NJ
- U.S. regional offices in Atlanta, GA, Chicago, IL, Dallas, TX, Los Angeles, CA, Morristown, NJ, San Francisco, CA, and Washington, DC
- International regional offices in London, UK, Mexico City, MX, Santiago, CL, and Tokyo, JP
- Global team approach – 150+ real estate professionals
MREI and the Environment
MetLife embraces its role as a responsible real estate investor and we are committed to preserving the environment through implementation of effective energy and natural resource management programs and increased investment in sustainable properties.
MREI understands the impact buildings have on people, communities and the environment. We also understand that issues such as global climate change and resource limitations, combined with more stringent regulatory environments and tenant demands for improved environmental performance and operational efficiencies, will continue to have a significant impact on investment decisions and financial performance.
MetLife Real Estate Investors has a broad based energy and sustainability strategy centered on EPA's Energy Star program and U.S. Green Building Council's Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certification programs.
Our objective is to increase the efficiency and sustainability of MREI's real estate portfolio, to improve the portfolio's operational and financial performance, to increase value through a leadership role in green building initiatives and to embed energy and sustainability considerations in all MREI investment decisions.
- Improve energy efficiency in our existing portfolio through cost effective energy management solutions.
- Improve water usage efficiency in our existing portfolio through cost effective water management solutions.
- Adopt sustainable practices at all properties across the portfolio including use of sustainable building products, recycling and green cleaning.
- Increase our investment in energy efficient, sustainable and LEED certified properties.
- Increase awareness of efficiency and sustainability among all stakeholders including service providers, tenants and vendors.