It’s a good idea to review your life insurance beneficiary designations and ensure your information is current.
Do any of the statements below pertain to you? If so, it might be time to review your information:
- Were recently married or divorced
- Purchased a new home recently
- Have children or grandchildren who are about to enter college
Even if the above statements don’t apply to you, you should take a few minutes and review your life insurance beneficiary designations as soon as possible. This ensures that MetLife will distribute the policy proceeds the way you want after your death.
Below are the directions to access your information through the Employee Portal.
1. Log in to Employee Portal.
2. Click on SAP/ERP Icon.
3. Click on Employee Self Service Tab.
4. Click on Benefits.
5. Dependents/Beneficiary and Charity Organization/Trust Fund (This is where you verify or create new beneficiary). Please note: you are not able to delete records from SAP.
6. Anytime Enrollment (This is where you designate percentages for your beneficiaries.
7. Click Enroll or Change Each plan (Sick/Vacation, Voluntary Life, Accidental Death & Dismemberment, Basic Life and/or Optional Life) requires that you designate a percentage for your beneficiaries. Once you’ve
completed your designation, click on Next.
8. Once all plans have been edited, click on Click Here to Continue Tab.
9. Review your change and click Submit.
10. Print your Benefits Confirmation Statement.