Accident insurance provides you with a lump-sum payment after an accident to use as you see fit.1 It can help with out-of-pocket expenses such as deductibles, copays, transportation to medical centers, childcare and more.
Accident insurance through your employer may include benefits for:
- Injuries: fractures, dislocations, concussions, lacerations, eye injuries, torn knee cartilage, ruptured discs, second and third degree burns
- Medical services and treatments: ambulance, emergency care, therapy services, medical testing (including x-rays, MRIs, CT scans), medical appliances and certain types of surgeries
- Hospitalization: hospital admission, confinement and inpatient rehab after an accident2
- Additional benefits: accidental death, dismemberment, loss and paralysis; supplemental benefit for lodging3
- Plus: guaranteed acceptance, convenient payroll deduction, portable coverage4,5
See you plan details for more information on Covered Service and treatments.