- While long-term supplemental employees and retiree supplemental employees are not eligible for GLI benefits, they can enroll themselves and their dependents in MetLife Optional Term Life (OTL) coverages.
- Eligible pay does not include any other payments, such as awards and additional compensation resulting from working unusual hours or conditions (for example, nonscheduled workdays, overtime or a different shift).
- If you are a part-time employee, your eligible pay will be based on your pro-rated base salary.
- For OTL and AD&D, your highest base pay since your enrollment in the plan will be used to determine your OTL and AD&D benefit amount. Meaning, that if you experience a decrease in base pay after you enroll in the plan, your benefit amount will remain stable. If you experience an increase in base pay after you enroll in the plan, your benefit amount will increase proportionally. If you unenroll yourself in OTL and re-enroll at a later date, your base pay will reset to the base pay in effect on the date of your re-enrollment.
- For GLI, your eligible pay is based on the eligible pay currently in effect. All decreases and increases will adjust your GLI benefit amount.