When unexpected injuries lead to unexpected expenses, your accident insurance can provide money to help pay for expenses such as medical bills, transportation costs and childcare expenses.
- You’ll receive a lump sum payment to use as you see fit, paid directly to you
- The plan pays no matter what your medical insurance covers
- May cover accident-related events, such as: sports injuries, auto accidents, bicycle accidents, broken bones, knee injuries and falls
With group employee rates, you can get Accident Insurance coverage for less than the cost of your daily medium cup of coffee.1
Accidents can happen—and change your life in an instant.
Rehab and therapy expenses, co-pays and deductibles, and lost income can add to the burden of a serious accident. Personal accident insurance can help cover these unexpected out-of-pocket costs that aren’t covered by your medical plan. Benefits under the Accident plan include:
- Lump-sum payment for over 150 different covered events, such as these:
- Lump-sum payment when you have these covered medical services/treatments as the result of a covered accident:2
- Payments are made directly to you. You decide how to spend the money: Pay for medical expenses not covered by your plan, like copays or deductibles, or for non-medical needs like household bills, childcare or home modifications.
- Fractures1, dislocations1, second and third-degree burns, skin grafts, torn knee cartilage, ruptured disc, concussions, cuts/lacerations, eye injuries, coma, broken teeth.
- Ambulance, emergency care, inpatient surgery, outpatient surgery, medical testing benefits (including X-rays, MRIs, CT scans), physician follow-up visits, transportation, therapy services (including physical and occupational therapy, speech therapy).