1. MetLife’s 19th Annual U.S. Employee Benefit Trends Study, 2021 .
2. All guarantees are based on the financial strength and claims-paying ability of the issuing MetLife company.
3. The cost to elect these features is generally higher and the initial payments lower than for payment options selected without these features. Electing these features may also affect the tax calculation in payments received. Please consult your tax advisor.
4. Upon the participant’s death, income payments to the participant’s spouse may continue at the same level (100%) or may be reduced to 75%, 66 2/3% or 50% of the original amount. This will depend on what percentage the participant selected when the annuity was purchased.
5. LIMRA U.S. Group Annuity Risk Transfer Survey (a survey of 18 participating companies), December 31, 2020.
MetLife Retirement Income Insurance® QLAC has been approved in the District of Columbia and in all states, except Oregon and the territory of Puerto Rico. Group annuity contracts are issued through Metropolitan Tower Life Insurance Company (MTL) or Metropolitan Life Insurance Company (MLIC). Like most group annuity contracts, MTL and MLIC group annuities contain certain limitations, exclusions and terms for keeping them in force. MTL and MLIC annuity products may not be available in all states. Contact your MetLife representative for more information.
Any discussion of taxes is for general informational purposes only and does not purport to be complete or cover every situation. MTL and MLIC, its agents and representatives may not give legal, tax or accounting advice and this document should not be construed as such. You should confer with your qualified legal, tax and accounting advisors as appropriate.
Metropolitan Tower Life Insurance Company | Lincoln, NE 68516
Metropolitan Life Insurance Company | New York, NY 10166