![if IE]> <![endif]>
Compare the benefits of Structured Settlements.
Investment Product Comparison: The Benefits of Structured Settlements1
With so many investment options available, it’s difficult to know which one is best for you and your family. There are many variables that go into this important decision and it’s necessary to compare all of your investment options.
* This could be true depending on how the funds are used or the underlying investments purchased.
Determining whether or not a structured settlement is right for you is an important decision. Structured settlements are a strong and safe choice for the majority of personal injury lawsuits and claims because of the differentiating benefits they provide like guaranteed, tax-free income payments that you cannot outlive.
Your broker and attorney can further explain the benefits of structured settlements, answering any questions you may have. Additionally, your broker’s extensive knowledge of the product, state and federal tax laws and settlement planning will help you make the decision for you and your family.
1. 104(a) Qualified Structured Settlement Annuity
2. ** All guarantees are subject to the financial strength and claims paying ability of Metropolitan Tower Life Insurance Company.
3. Free from federal, state and local taxes.
4. Free from federal tax, but state and local taxes may apply.
5. Subject to Federal Direct Insurance Corporation (FDIC) limits.
6. If held to maturity, if sold prior to maturity guaranteed payments will not fully be received and the price will reflect current market conditions.
7. Free from state and local tax, but federal tax applies.
8. A small subset of these securities called Treasury Inflation-Protected Securities (TIPS) provide a hedge against Consumer Price Index (CPI) defined inflation.
9. Must be used for qualifying expenses and there is an investment cap.
10. For current ratings information and a more complete analysis of the financial strength of MetLife, Inc. and its subsidiaries, please go to www.metlife.com and click on “About MetLife,” “Ratings.”
Any discussion of taxes is for general informational purposes only and does not purport to be complete or cover every situation. MetLife, its agents and representatives may not give legal, tax or accounting advice and this document should not be construed as such. You should confer with your qualified legal, tax and accounting advisors as appropriate.
Group annuity contracts are issued by Metropolitan Tower Life Insurance Company, Lincoln, NE 68516. Like most group annuity contracts,MetLife group annuities contain certain limitations, exclusions and terms for keeping them in force. Ask a MetLife representative for costs andcomplete details.