Long Term Disability Insurance replaces a portion of your income during an extended period of a disabling illness or accident. By providing a steady stream of income while you are unable to work, Long Term Disability Insurance can help you meet your financial obligations.
Benefits of MetLife’s Long Term Disability Insurance coverage include:
- Covers essential living expenses: can help pay for food, clothing, utilities, your mortgage, car payments and more
- Direct monthly payments: receive a portion of your salary paid directly to you each month if you’re unable to work (after initial waiting period)
- Rehab incentives: coverage may include financial incentives designed to help you transition back to work
- Easy claims filing: report claims online or by phone
- Competitive rates: this group coverage is offered only through your employer
For complete plan details, talk to your company’s benefits administrator.
How much do I need?
Getting the right coverage starts with knowing how much you may need. For most people, our quick and easy Disability Calculator can provide a good estimate:
Launch MetLife's Disability Insurance Calculator.