Retiree Life Funding
Comfortably set aside money to cover retiree life insurance costs with a retiree life funding program.
Retiree Life Buyout
Transfer your company's retiree liability and plan administration to MetLife with a retiree life buyout.
MetLife Funding Agreement
Fund general employee benefits or transfer plan assets into a MetLife Funding Agreement.
Our Life Insurance Funding Account (LIFA) allows your company to:
- Pre-fund future retiree life premiums in a tax-advantaged reserve
- Reduce long-term expenses for retiree life insurance premiums
- Improve financials by offsetting ASC-715 (or GASB 74/75) accounting liabilities
Our Guaranteed Life Insurance Funding Account (GLIFA) allows your company to:
- Transfer ASC-715 (or GASB 74/75) accounting liability on existing retirees to MetLife
- Cap future costs associated with retiree premiums
- Eliminate retiree life recordkeeping and associated administrative burdens and costs
A MetLife Funding Agreement:
- Can be used to pay for future insurance premiums, to fund liabilities, or as an investment allocation for welfare benefit funding
- Provides safety, convenience and flexibility
- Ensures a principal and interest rate guarantee1
Meet the Team
Get to know the people who will help you make the best choices for your company’s retiree life benefits.
MetLife's Evolving Retirement Model Study
Today’s workplace landscape has evolved from the traditional notions of retirement. With this new retirement model come several considerations to meet the needs of an aging workforce, as well as the generations of workers who follow behind them.