With MetLife's Preferred Dentist Program, a dental preferred provider organization (DPPO) plan, you can choose from thousands of participating general dentists and specialists nationwide. So you are sure to find one who meets your needs. Plus, you'll enjoy:
1) Lower out-of-pocket costs
- Take advantage of negotiated fees that are typically 15% to 45% less than average charges in the same community.
- All participating dentists have agreed to accept negotiated fees as payment in full for covered services.
- Negotiated fees may even extend to services provided after you_ve reached the plan maximum.1
2) Freedom to visit any dentist
- You have the flexibility to visit your dentist or any licensed dentist, in or out of the network. But with one of the largest dental networks in the industry, there's a good chance your dentist is in the network.
- It's good to know that all participating dentists must meet rigorous selection standards.2
- You can even get support to find a local dentist if you are traveling internationally and need emergency dental care.4
3) Less paperwork, more service
- Dentists usually handle claims for you, so there's less paperwork—it's also easy to manage your plan 24/7 by phone or online.
- You or your dentist can request a pre-treatment estimate for an upcoming service while you are in the office.3
- Learn more about oral health, watch educational videos, take risk assessments and more—visit www.oralfitnesslibrary.com.
- Traveling abroad and have a dental emergency? We are here to help you find a local dentist.4