We work hard to foster an inclusive working environment.
Diverse teams generate more innovative ideas, and people who feel included are more productive and enjoy their work. A key part of embedding a mindset of diversity and inclusion is to set the tone from the top, so it is important that our leaders have the skills to create an inclusive environment.
We established our global D&I strategy in 2012 and also launched the Global Diversity and Inclusion Council—chaired by MetLife’s CEO—to sustain our efforts for the long term. MetLife has also implemented four regional D&I teams in Asia, Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA), Latin America, and the United States.
MetLife also supports their Diversity Business Resource Networks (DBRNs), which are groups of employee volunteers who foster awareness, respect and inclusion of key populations at MetLife. The seven DRBNs are:
- Families at MetLife (FAM)
- Gays, Lesbians, Bisexuals, Transgenders and Allies at MetLife (GLAM)
- Global Multicultural Professionals (GMP)
- MetLife Diverse Abilities (MDA)
- Military Veterans Network at MetLife (MVET)
- Rising Professionals at MetLife (iRISE)
- Women's Business Network (WBN)