METLIFE FOUNDATION ANNOUNCES SECOND ROUND OF FOOD BANK GRANTS
NEW YORK, May 12, 2009
MetLife Foundation today announced a second round of grants to food banks to respond to growing needs in their communities. The grants, which total $200,000, will help eight food banks across the United States. The grants bring MetLife Foundation’s support for food banks to almost half a million dollars over the past six months.
“Food banks are playing a critical role in meeting growing needs created by the economic downturn,” said Dennis White, president and CEO of MetLife Foundation. “We are pleased to support their work, which is vital to community health and well-being.”
The food banks receiving MetLife Foundation grants are:
- Atlanta Community Food Bank (Atlanta, Ga.)
- Community Food Bank of Eastern Oklahoma (Tulsa, Okla.)
- Food Bank of Central New York (East Syracuse, N.Y.)
- Greater Boston Food Bank (Boston, Mass.)
- North Texas Food Bank (Dallas, Texas)
- Northern Illinois Food Bank (St. Charles, Ill.)
- The Foodbank, Inc. (Dayton, Ohio)
- Weinberg Northeast Regional Food Bank (Wilkes-Barre, Pa.)
MetLife Foundation was established by MetLife in 1976 to carry on its longstanding tradition of contributions and community involvement. Grants support health, education, civic and cultural programs. For more information about the Foundation, visit www.metlife.org.