METLIFE EARNS TOP SPOT IN INDUSTRY AS BEST ADOPTION-FRIENDLY WORKPLACE
Tenth year in a row that MetLife is recognized by Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption
NEW YORK, October 03, 2017
MetLife, Inc. (NYSE: MET) today announced it has ranked #1 in the Insurance Industry on the Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption’s 2017 Best Adoption-Friendly Workplaces List. This is the tenth year in a row MetLife has been recognized for its employee adoption benefits, parental leave policies and flexible work culture.
Since 2008, the Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption has compiled an annual list of the 100 Best Adoption-Friendly Workplaces to recognize employers that offer the best adoption benefits in the United States. The rankings, compiled from an annual survey of U.S. employers, are determined by an analysis of each company’s adoption benefits, including the maximum financial reimbursement and the amount of paid leave provided for employees who adopt.
“The support and preparation provided by MetLife made an overwhelming, life-changing event become a very pleasant and enjoyable experience,” said Candice Resto, a MetLife employee who, with her husband William, formally adopted their son when he was four years old, after fostering him for over two years.
By participating in the “MetLife Family Matters Parental Leave” training session, Candice was able to talk with other colleagues across the organization who had taken either traditional maternity leave or adoptive leave. The training session helped prepare Candice to take parental leave and answer any questions she had.
MetLife also offers reimbursement of eligible adoption-related expenses to adopting parents, as well as the same benefits enjoyed by all working families at MetLife, which include:
- The Families at MetLife Employee Resource Group, an employee network developed to provide a community and forum for employees to share experiences and best practices and create awareness of family friendly resources.
- MetLife Family Matters Parental Leave coaching program and a enhanced U.S. parental leave policy.
- Back-up child care and discounts on child care.
- Flexible work arrangements such as compressed work weeks, part-time work, job-sharing, flextime, and telecommuting.
- Regular webinars and seminars on family related topics, prenatal health resources and new parent resources.
- An Employee Assistance Program and other programs to assist our employees with integrating their personal and work responsibilities.
For more information on MetLife’s programs for its employees, visit www.MetLifeGlobalImpact.com.
MetLife, Inc. (NYSE: MET), through its subsidiaries and affiliates (“MetLife”), is one of the world’s leading financial services companies, providing insurance, annuities, employee benefits and asset management to help its individual and institutional customers navigate their changing world. Founded in 1868, MetLife has operations in more than 40 countries and holds leading market positions in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East. For more information, visit www.metlife.com.