METLIFE NAMED TO WORKING MOTHER’S “100 BEST COMPANIES” LIST FOR 22ND YEAR IN A ROW
NEW YORK, September 22, 2020
MetLife, Inc. (NYSE: MET) today announced that, for the 22nd year in a row, it has earned a spot on Working Mother magazine’s “100 Best Companies” list for its commitment to a culture, programs and policies that support working families.
“As a purpose-driven company, we’re committed to an inclusive culture that allows working professionals with families the flexibility to manage their work and life needs,” said Dr. Cindy Pace, MetLife’s global chief diversity and inclusion officer. “The events of the past six months have underscored how vital these programs are for our people.”
To address the diverse needs of its employees as they navigate the COVID-19 pandemic and learn more about racial equity, MetLife has introduced several new initiatives, such as:
- A wellness program that provides resources and support in the areas of coping, balance, body, relationships, finances and resilience.
- A collection of back-to-school resources for parents and caregivers to use as they work through the start of the new academic year.
- A virtual volunteering program that encourages caregivers and their children to come together and give back to underprivileged children and youth living with disabilities.
- A learning series that features outside experts who facilitate discussions on inclusiveness, race and diversity, and related resources to support parents and caregivers in discussions with their children.
These new resources complement the existing programs and policies MetLife offers for working professionals at various life stages, including:
- An Employee Assistance Program to help employees integrate their personal and work responsibilities.
- The Rethink Program, which supports caregivers and parents raising children with learning and behavior challenges.
- Inclusion networks developed to provide a community for employees from diverse backgrounds to share experiences. These networks include Families at MetLife, which specifically provides awareness of family-friendly resources.
- Flexible work arrangements, such as compressed work weeks, part-time work, job sharing, flextime, virtual work and telecommuting.
- Back-up child care, and discounts on child care.
- The MetLife Family Matters Parental Leave coaching program and a paid parental leave policy.
MetLife will be honored at Working Mother’s WorkBeyond Summit in October, and will be featured in the October/November issue of Working Mother magazine.
To read more about MetLife’s support for working families, visit www.metlife.com/sustainability.
MetLife, Inc. (NYSE: MET), through its subsidiaries and affiliates ("MetLife"), is one of the world's leading financial services companies, providing insurance, annuities, employee benefits and asset management to help its individual and institutional customers navigate their changing world. Founded in 1868, MetLife has operations in more than 40 markets globally and holds leading positions in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East. For more information, visit www.metlife.com.