METLIFE NAMED TO SERAMOUNT’S GLOBAL INCLUSION INDEX
NEW YORK, November 22, 2022
MetLife, Inc. (NYSE: MET) today announced that it has been recognized for a second consecutive year for its inclusive practices in the areas of hiring and promoting women, measuring other underrepresented groups on a country-specific basis, creating inclusive cultures, and holding country leaders and managers accountable for results.
“MetLife is steadfast in building a purpose-driven and inclusive culture that celebrates diversity, recognizes the need for equity, and energizes employees from all backgrounds to thrive,” said MetLife Global Chief Diversity and Inclusion Officer Dr. Cindy Pace. “We are proud to be recognized this year as we continue to take action in accomplishing MetLife’s 2030 diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) commitments.”
Seramount, formerly Working Mother Media, is a strategic services firm dedicated to advancing DEI in the workplace. To evaluate MetLife for inclusion on the Index, Seramount reviewed a range of the company’s DEI-focused policies, programs, leadership accountability and practices. Among those were MetLife’s Global DEI Leadership Council, chaired by President and CEO Michel Khalaf, and Inclusion Begins with Me, a comprehensive, multimodal approach to inclusion learning and practice that provided a critical learning pathway for the organization.
In addition, MetLife is proud to have been named to the following 2022 Seramount lists and indexes:
- U.S. Inclusion Index, for the 3rd consecutive year, MetLife achieved Leading Company status. MetLife was measured in three key areas: best practices in the recruitment, retention, and advancement of people from underrepresented groups – women, racial/ethnic minorities, people with disabilities, and LGBTQ+ people; inclusive corporate culture, including leadership accountability; and demographic diversity for women and racial/ethnic diversity.
- 100 Best Companies for Women, for the 24th consecutive year, in recognition of MetLife’s commitment to creating a workplace that supports working families. Seramount assessed MetLife’s paid parental leave, benefits, childcare, and flexibility to help families succeed at home and at work, as well as female representation and advancement.
- Best Companies for Dads, for the 2nd consecutive year, in recognition of MetLife’s progressive policies and robust programs specifically for working dads. Seramount evaluated MetLife on the availability and use of its leave policies, benefits, childcare, and employee resource groups for men and working families.
- Top Company for Executive Women, for the 15th year, in recognition of MetLife as a top workplace for women who want to advance to the most senior levels. Seramount evaluated MetLife on various aspects of women’s advancement, including succession planning, profit-and-loss roles, gender pay parity, support programs, and work-life balance.
- Best Companies for Multicultural Women, for the 5th year, in recognition of MetLife’s success in promoting workplace inclusion for multicultural women. For inclusion on the list, MetLife was assessed in the areas of representation, hiring, attrition and promotion rates, recruitment, retention and advancement programs, and company culture.
For more information on MetLife’s commitment to DEI, visit MetLife.com.
MetLife, Inc. (NYSE: MET), through its subsidiaries and affiliates (“MetLife”), is one of the world’s leading financial services companies, providing insurance, annuities, employee benefits and asset management to help individual and institutional customers build a more confident future. Founded in 1868, MetLife has operations in more than 40 markets globally and holds leading positions in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East. For more information, visit www.metlife.com.