METLIFE RECOGNIZED AS A MILITARY FRIENDLY EMPLOYER FOR THE 11th CONSECUTIVE YEAR
NEW YORK, November 21, 2022
MetLife, Inc. (NYSE: MET) today announced that it has been recognized as a 2023 Military Friendly® Employer and a 2023 Military Friendly® Spouse Employer.
This marks 11 years of recognition for MetLife’s commitment to supporting veterans and fostering a culture that honors military service. In addition, this marks the eighth year in a row MetLife has been recognized for creating sustainable, meaningful career paths for military spouses.
“At MetLife, we’re committed to developing an inclusive and supportive workforce that helps veterans and their families thrive,” said MetLife Chief Financial Officer John McCallion, who also serves as executive sponsor of the company’s Veterans Initiative. “We understand and appreciate the value veterans bring to the workplace, including their leadership, passion for service, sense of duty, dependability and focus on teamwork. It’s an honor to work alongside them.”
MetLife and MetLife Foundation have a variety of veteran support programs:
- MVET is an employee-led inclusion network focused on building awareness of the unique skills and experiences of veterans and fostering those skills to support long-term career success at MetLife.
- To attract veterans to work for MetLife, the company partners with organizations such as Hiring Our Heroes, Military Spouse Employment Partnership, and North Carolina for Military Employment.
- MetLife and MetLife Foundation contribute over $1 million a year to mentor veterans transitioning into the workforce, drive veteran and veteran-spouse entrepreneurship, provide access to financial health resources and support programs that serve disabled veterans.
- MetLife and MetLife Foundation are sponsors of the annual Valor Games Southeast by Bridge II Sports, a national adaptive sports competition for disabled members and veterans of the Armed Forces.
- Through its Supplier Inclusion and Development program, MetLife partners with veteran-owned businesses. The company is a member of the National Veteran Business Development Council and provides mentorships, scholarships, and executive education to help its veteran-owned suppliers succeed and grow.
Methodology, criteria, and weightings were determined by VIQTORY with input from the Military Friendly® Advisory Council of independent leaders in the military recruitment community. Final ratings were determined by combining an organization’s survey score with an assessment of the organization’s ability to meet thresholds for Applicant, New Hire Retention, Employee Turnover, and Promotion & Advancement of veterans and military employees.
MetLife will appear as a 2023 Military Friendly® Employer in the December issue of G.I. Jobs® magazine and on MilitaryFriendly.com.
To learn more about how MetLife is creating an inclusive workplace, visit MetLife.com.
MetLife, Inc. (NYSE: MET), through its subsidiaries and affiliates (“MetLife”), is one of the world’s leading financial services companies, providing insurance, annuities, employee benefits and asset management to help individual and institutional customers build a more confident future. Founded in 1868, MetLife has operations in more than 40 markets globally and holds leading positions in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East. For more information, visit www.metlife.com.
About MetLife Foundation
At MetLife Foundation, we are committed to driving inclusive economic mobility for underserved and underrepresented communities around the world. We collaborate with nonprofit organizations and provide grants aligned to three strategic focus areas – economic inclusion, financial health and resilient communities – while engaging MetLife employee volunteers to help drive impact. MetLife Foundation was established in 1976 to continue MetLife’s long tradition of corporate contributions and community involvement. Since 1976, MetLife Foundation has contributed over $900 million to strengthen communities where MetLife has a presence. To learn more about MetLife Foundation, visit www.MetLife.org.