MetLife does not verify third party information posted on social media sites, and public opinions, statements, or comments on those sites are not endorsed opinions and do not necessarily reflect the views, policies, or procedures of MetLife.
USE OF SITE:
2. Do not post materials on our social media sites that are confidential, proprietary, false, fraudulent, libelous, defamatory, obscene, threatening, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, infringing on intellectual property rights, abusive, harassing, illegal, or otherwise objectionable. We do not allow and will remove posts that infringe upon another’s rights or violate any laws or these Social Media Terms and Conditions.
3. If you do submit material to us on or through our social media sites, unless we indicate otherwise, you grant MetLife an unrestricted, nonexclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, and fully sub licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, and display such material throughout the world in any media. You further agree that MetLife is free to use any ideas, concepts, and know-how that you provide to us on the social media site. You grant MetLife the right to use the name you submit in connection with such material, if it so chooses.
4. The materials we post on our social media sites are not advice. The materials are not a substitute for obtaining legal, tax, or other professional advice from your legal, tax, or other professional advisors. By making the content on our social media sites available to you, MetLife is not engaged in rendering any such legal, tax, or other professional advice.
5. For your security, don’t post any personal, health, or sensitive information, like your policy number, claim number, phone number, personal e-mail address, or any unique identifying information on a social media site. If you do post any personal information about yourself, you hereby consent to MetLife using, displaying, transferring and storing any such information anywhere in the world.
6. Do not post any links or other content that contain viruses or malicious software. Any such content will be removed.
7. Be mindful of others. The purpose of our social media sites is to share useful information and ideas, inspire informative discussions, and educate. MetLife is looking for you to provide constructive contributions to our online discussions and forums. Your opinion is welcome, but please keep it on topic and informative.
8. All content on our social media sites (including, without limitation, text, design, graphics, logos, icons, images, videos, and interfaces, as well as the selection and arrangement thereof) posted by MetLife is the exclusive property of and owned by MetLife or its licensors or content providers and is protected by copyright, trademark, and other applicable laws. You may access, copy, download, and print the material contained on our social media sites for your personal and non-commercial use. You may not use MetLife’s intellectual property for commercial use. Any other use of content on the site, including, but not limited to, the modification, distribution, transmission, performance, broadcast, publication, uploading, licensing, transfer, or sale of, or the creation of derivative works from, any material or information obtained from the site, or use of the site for purposes competitive to MetLife, is expressly prohibited.
9. Our social media sites may contain links to other websites, some of which are operated by MetLife and others of which are operated by third parties. These links are provided as a convenience to you and as an additional avenue of access to the information contained therein. We have not necessarily reviewed all the information on those other websites and are not responsible for the content of those or any other sites or any products or services that may be offered through those or any other websites. Inclusion of links to other sites should not be viewed as an endorsement of the content of linked websites. Different terms and conditions may apply to your use of any linked websites.
10. MetLife reserves the right to block, otherwise prohibit, or limit any person or entity from accessing or using MetLife’s pages or any portion thereof on any social media sites for any reason whatsoever.
11. Ultimately, you are responsible for the content you have posted, including the legality, reliability, appropriateness, originality, and copyright of any such material. MetLife is not liable for any direct or indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damages that may arise from your use of this site.
12. To the extent permitted by applicable law, MetLife may access, view, review, monitor, store, and collect any content on our social media sites at any time; modify or delete any content at any time; and transfer any content to individuals outside of MetLife (e.g., regulators, law enforcement agencies, third-parties) when required to meet business, regulatory, and/or legal obligations.
13. Company Overview: MetLife, Inc. (NYSE: MET), through its subsidiaries and affiliates, is one of the largest life insurance companies in the world. Founded in 1868, MetLife is a global provider of life insurance, annuities, employee benefits and asset management. Serving approximately 100 million customers, MetLife has operations in nearly 50 countries and holds leading market positions in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe, and the Middle East. Its affiliate, MetLife Auto & Home®, founded in 1972, is similarly a market leader in the property and casualty insurance marketplace.
Group legal plans provided by Hyatt Legal Plans, Inc., Cleveland, OH. In certain states, group legal plans are provided through insurance coverage underwritten by Metropolitan Property and Casualty Insurance Company and affiliates, Warwick, RI.
MetLife Auto & Home, MetLife Auto®, and MetLife Home® are brands of Metropolitan Property and Casualty Insurance Company and its affiliates: Economy Preferred Insurance Company, Metropolitan Casualty Insurance Company, Metropolitan Direct Property and Casualty Insurance Company (CA Certificate of Authority: 6730; Warwick, RI), Metropolitan General Insurance Company, Metropolitan Group Property and Casualty Insurance Company (CA COA: 6393; Warwick, RI), and Metropolitan Lloyds Insurance Company of Texas, all with administrative home offices in Warwick, RI. Coverage, rates, and discounts are available in most states to those who qualify.
Some business, including certain personal and commercial products, and life insurance, can be placed with unaffiliated carriers through the MetLife Auto & Home Insurance Agency, Inc. (MetLife GA Property & CasualtySM).
To contact us for more information: http://bit.ly/metlifeservice