Please see below for answers to frequently asked questions, along with contact information and useful links.
Annuity Contract Holders
Frequently Asked Questions
MetLife separated a portion of our individual life insurance business (life insurance you buy in-person through an agent) and annuity business, establishing a company called Brighthouse Financial, Inc.
Certain contracts remain with MetLife and others have transitioned to Brighthouse Financial1, based on the issuing company for your contract.
If you have an annuity contract that was issued by one of these companies, your annuity has been transitioned to Brighthouse Financial:
- First MetLife Investors Insurance Company (now named Brighthouse Life Insurance Company of NY)
- MetLife Insurance Company USA (now named Brighthouse Life Insurance Company)
- New England Life Insurance Company
Owners of active individual life insurance policies and annuity contracts that moved to Brighthouse Financial were sent an endorsement (a notice) changing the name of the issuing company for their policies/contracts.
If you have an annuity contract that was issued by one of these companies, your annuity remains with MetLife:
- Metropolitan Life Insurance Company
- Metropolitan Tower Life Insurance Company
You can contact your financial professional with any questions, log in to your account online, or reach MetLife at the numbers below:
- For Group Annuities purchased through your employer:1-800-560-5001
- For Individual Annuities purchased on your own or through a Broker: 1-800-638-7732
Please provide us with your new information so we can keep you informed about the status of your policies. Get started by clicking the link for our Online Change of Address Form.
Forms required for many common task can be found on our forms library page. Simply complete the necessary form and then mail or fax to the address indicated.