Certain policies remain with MetLife and others have transitioned to Brighthouse Financial, based on the issuing company for your policy. The issuing company for your policy can generally be found on the front page of your policy.
If you have a policy that was issued by one of these companies, your life insurance policy has been transitioned to Brighthouse Financial:
- First MetLife Investors Insurance Company (now named Brighthouse Life Insurance Company of NY)
- MetLife Insurance Company USA (now named Brighthouse Life Insurance Company)
- New England Life Insurance Company
You should have received a letter in the mail explaining the move.
If you have a policy that was issued by one of these companies, your life insurance policy will remain with MetLife:
- General American Life Insurance Company
- Metropolitan Life Insurance Company
- Metropolitan Tower Life Insurance Company
These changes will have no impact on your MetLife policy. The same terms and conditions apply and the same premiums or deposits will need to be paid. Neither your rights under your policy nor the amounts payable will be impacted by this action.
Owners of inforce individual life insurance policies were sent an endorsement changing the name of the issuing company for their policies.